Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
Analytical Chemist (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for an Analytical Chemist in the Analytical Lab, in the Research & Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for analyzing the wide variety of samples submitted to Analytical Services. Also responsible for documentation of results and for verbal communication with Plants, Application Laboratories and R&D staff as necessary for further clarification of requested analyses and/or discussion of results.
- Follow all Analytical Services Quality System Procedures.
- Perform quality control testing for our plant and vendor produced products, Run non-routine tests for all subsidiaries. These tests can include but are not limited to TAN, TBN, Karl Fisher, Flash Point etc. or instrumental analyses.
- Analyze customer complaint samples to determine the validity of the complaints.
- Analyze samples submitted by customers through our sales departments.
- Evaluate new sources of raw materials and resale items for approval.
- Write and issue various analytical reports and memorandums.
- Provide technical support to our Risk Group and the Research and Development staff.
- Calibrate appropriate laboratory equipment and instruments according to ISO-9001 protocol and procedures.
- Assist with laboratory inventory and ordering of supplies. Employ appropriate safety and waste disposal measures and procedures to comply with our Responsible Care Policy.
- Ensure that all laboratory areas and equipment are kept clean after each use.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- 0-5 years of experience
- Knowledge on any of the following analytical instruments a plus: AA, DSC, EA, ICP, IR GC, GCMS, LC, LCMS, NMR, TGA and UV/Vis
- Courteous, professional demeanor
- Excellent writing, verbal and computer skills