Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
Chemist R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Rubber and Plastics Laboratory, Research and Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries. Assist in the development of technical data and the writing of Laboratory Reports, Technical Data Sheets and other promotional literature. Provide technical support to customers and make technical presentations as required (including customer visits as needed).
- Perform formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of the rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries.
- Write Laboratory Reports as required.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales force, and other internal departments.
- Assist in the preparation of technical literature.
- Make technical presentations as necessary, including customer visits.
- Assist in the development of technical data to support sales of new and existing products.
- Follow all Rubber & Plastics Laboratory quality system procedures for ISO-9001 and make suggestions to improve those procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering.
- Good written and verbal skills required.
- 2-5 years experience preferred, interaction with customers a plus.
CHEMIST-R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Process and Development Laboratory, Research and Development Division Corporate Offices, Norwalk, CT
- Organizing and running laboratory experiments aimed at improving and troubleshooting new and existing product processes.
- Evaluating potential process improvements through laboratory synthesis, and determine whether proposed process changes maintain the desired product properties.
- Documenting development and plant support activities with written reports and presentations.
- Facilitating and issuing reports on new product and raw material approvals.
- Providing technical support to the plants.
- Visiting plant sites periodically to monitor process change startups and review collaborative process improvement activities.
- Laboratory work at the companies R&D center in Norwalk Connecticut. A small amount of travel to the company’s US based plant sites is required (approx. 10%).
- B.S., M.S. or PhD Degree in Chemistry.
- Enjoys solving problems and lab work.
- Some work experience as a synthetic organic or process chemist in industry is preferred. Compensation will be based on education level and amount of prior work experience.
- Excellent communication, computer, organization and laboratory skills including the ability to write technical reports, discuss projects clearly and provide clear and concise technical presentations.
- Ability to work with chemical engineers, research chemists, process chemists and plant sites to troubleshoot or improve manufacturing processes.
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (GULF COAST REGION) (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Remote))
Petroleum Sales Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Technical Sales Representative in the Petroleum Sales Department, (Gulf Coast Region) Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC.
Represent Vanderbilt Chemicals in the Petroleum Industry in the solicitation and sales of Vanderbilt Chemicals products.
- Generate sales to meet or exceed Plan consistent with business strategies by expanding customer base, qualifying new products, identifying and converting sales opportunities at existing customers
- Collect and present market, commercial and technical insights and trends affecting current business and driving need for new products
- Arrange customer appointments and deliver sales presentations to promote Vanderbilt Chemicals products
- Provide technical support to customers and initiate Technical Service request projects aimed at developing new business
- Develop account plans, sales forecasts, and special business reports
- Participate in appropriate industry associations and conferences
- Periodically entertain customers during/outside of regular business hours Control territory T&E expenses vs. targets
- Increase in revenue from products sold by Vanderbilt Chemicals via o New application development o Increase in market share.
- BS Chemistry or ChemE and 3-5 years experience in sales or technical support
- Technical knowledge of Petroleum lubricants and/or fuels industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Time & territory organizing and planning skills, working from home office
- Excellent oral/written communication and negotiating skills Interpersonal, multi-level, relationship-building skills